The Australian Olympic Committee (AOC) provides athletes the opportunity to excel at the Olympic Games, promote the values of Olympism and the benefits of participation in sport to all Australians.
To drive our vision of Australians inspired by the spirit of Olympic Sport, we seek people who are passionate, dedicated and strive for high performance. How we do things at the AOC is as important as what we do and our values are at the core of this.
The Australian Olympic Committee is committed to being and organisation that is an equal opportunity employer and provides a welcoming, respectful and safe environment for children, members, volunteers and employees.
All staff and volunteers of the AOC must complete background screening (including holding a current Working With Children Check).
We are delighted to open the expression of interest process for the HQ Medical and Performance Services team for Tokyo 2020.
Below you will find information on the positions that are available for expression of interest and the application process, expectations and key dates.
Please note that all positions open for expression of interest are voluntary positions.
Expressions of Interest will close on Tuesday, 26 February 2019.
We welcome expressions of interest from Practitioners who have a passion for Olympic sport. The EOI process is as follows:
- Review the Medical & Performance EOI Information and Expectations document below
- Complete the online application form and attach your resume, endorsement letter from a National Sport Organisation (NOC) and certificates of your qualifications
Please note that online applications require a Google log in.
- Position Descriptions - Download Now
- Medical & Performance EOI Information - Download Now
- Practioner Applcation Form - Apply Now
National Sport Organisations
We welcome nominations from our National Sporting Organisations for Practitioners to be considered for positions on the HQ Medical and Performance Services team for Tokyo 2020.
Please note, these nominations are for medical and performance practitioners to be part of the HQ Medical Team available to all Australian athletes.
If NSOs would like to provide nominations for consideration please complete the online form below:
If you have any questions or would like support with the expression of interest process, please contact Amie Wallis, Head of People and Culture on 0432 688 269.
The Australian Olympic Committee (AOC) aims to provide athletes the opportunity to excel at the Olympic Games. We are committed to ensuring the team around our athletes are of high calibre and that there is rigour and transparency around our selection processes.
All other positions for the Tokyo 2020 HQ Team are currently being reviewed. Information regarding Expression of Interest processes for any other positions will be made available at this location at the time that it is available.
COMMUNITY PROGRAMS COORDINATOR
This position will play a key role in the delivery of our new program, Olympics Unleashed with a focus on NSW. It will also be responsible for the effective delivery of the AOC's Community Engagement programs and is responsible for the coordination, development and implementation. This role has a focus on Olympics Unleashed as well as education initiatives, events and strategic partnerships.
We are seeking a passionate person who will bring their experience of working in education, community engagement or sport participation programs.
The key deliverables for this position include:
- Effective delivery of the Olympics Unleashed program with a focus on NSW. This includes: coordinating school visits, liaison with schools and ensuring athlete availability.
- Building strong relationships with athletes to ensure readiness to be a part of the Community programs. This includes: Organise and coordinate travel arrangements for programs, availability and attendance at visits and training days, seeking information to connect athletes with the most suitable visits and training days.
- Assist in developing and maintaining online CRM system (Salesforce).
- Identification of potential opportunities for innovation and improving the efficiency and effectiveness of Olympics Unleashed operations.
- Communicate and engage professionally with internal and external stakeholders.
- Assist with the preparation of Board papers and draft correspondence for relevant programs
- Provide administrative where required to deliver Community engagement programs and support the team.
Skills and experience:
- Demonstrated experience in Community, Education or Sport participation programs and/ or events
- Relevant Business or equivalent qualification
- Demonstrated experience in coordinating large scale events or programs
- Experience in coordinating projects is highly desirable
- Excellent IT skills including the ability to learn new applications quickly, including utilising a CRM (Salesforce desirable)
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to multi- task
- Excellent attention to detail, a can-do attitude and a willingness to demonstrate initiative and do what it takes
- Ability to communicate at all levels across various stakeholders and exercise and discretion on delicate matters
- Keen interest and knowledge of Olympic sports desirable
Closing date is COB Monday 11 March 2019
Successful candidates will be contacted thereafter.