NSW Olympians Club Meeting & Election
Dear Olympians in New South Wales,
The Olympians Club of NSW is a social club managed by the AOC and established to unite Olympians and Associate Members who reside in NSW. The current president Matt Hayes, is heading overseas and vacating the position. Therefore the need has arisen to hold a meeting and elect a President.
It is my pleasure to invite all NSW Olympians to the:
NSW Olympians Club Meeting
Tuesday 7 August 2018
Level 2, 181 Elizabeth Street, Sydney
The meeting is primarily to:
- Elect a President (2018 – 2021 the remaining term of office)
- Presentation Awards and Recognition of Service
- Provide an update on services to the Olympians Alumni
Under its Constitution the Club has one elected position being the ‘President’. Nominations for the position of President should be advised by email to email@example.com or call Meg on (02) 9247 2000 by close of business Friday 27 July 2018. No nominations will be accepted from the floor.
The Meeting Agenda will be circulated in the week of 30 July.
About the NSW Olympians Club
"Once an Olympian - Always an Olympian. Never Past - Never Former”
The Olympians Club of NSW (NSWOC) celebrates, fosters and upholds the tradition of being an Australian Olympian. It is the State arm of the Olympians Club of Australia (OCA). All states in Australia have their own Olympians Club.
Membership of this elite club is available to all athletes who have competed in an Olympic Games, Summer or Winter. All NSW Olympians automatically become members when selected in an Australian Olympic Team. There are no membership fees.
The NSW Olympians Club is managed by a voluntary Committee elected by NSW Olympians at the Annual General Meeting. It has representation at NSW Olympic Council Executive Board Meetings through the President of the Club who is, by Constitution, a member of the NSWOC Executive.
Purpose of the NSW Olympians Club
- Provide a forum for all Olympians to meet and maintain their involvement in the Olympic Movement
- Create friendship among Olympians of all ages
- Promote the Olympic Movement and Olympic ideals within NSW by undertaking and supporting activities which will progress the Olympic movement
- To act as role models and mentors for young athletes
- Organise events to foster, celebrate and uphold the Olympic tradition and from time to time to raise funds
- Recognise all NSW Olympians and their contribution to the community
- Promote the Pierre de Coubertin Awards in Secondary Schools and present the Awards to successful students
Executive Committee and Ambassadors
Matt Hayes, Sailing 1996
Contact the Olympians Club
Matt Hayes (President) / Meg Sissian (Australian Olympic Committee)
PO Box R1788
Royal Exchange NSW 1255
Ph: (02) 9247 2000
The Olympians Club welcomes your enquires.